When students arrive at the LGBT Center at the University of Louisville, they’re essentially finding their new home – a supportive, encouraging environment where staff are family and friends.
Some come to talk it out. They come to learn. They come because they want to be empowered. They look for helping on navigating their future paths. To get there, staff and volunteers offer everything:
- Support and mentorship for students who’ve just come out
- Programming like workshops and the Alternative Thanksgiving Dinner
- Drawing nationally known speakers to lecture on campus
- Operating The Intersection as a gathering place for students groups
- Providing research grants for students to complete project on LGBT issues
This center – and the work its staff does – makes a difference.
Join us for the second annual Feast on Equality. This dinner and social event, organized by alumni and allies of the office, seeks to build support, increase community awareness and raise needed money that will allow the office to grow and expand its mission of assisting young LGBT students. You’ll meet the people who are changing these young people’s lives and see first-hand the impact they’re having. Be part of this effort that every day changes the lives of young people for the better.